Gentoo Science #
Gentoo Science is one of the foremost repositories for scientific software, covering hundreds of packages, and consistently providing rapid access to the newest releases, as seen in Repology. It integrates seamlessly with the base package set of Gentoo Linux and can be installed on any Gentoo system with a single command (see repository install instructions here).
Since 2016 I have integrated wide-ranging neuroscience support in Gentoo Science, with the initial rationale and project ramp-up described in Ioanas et al. 2017 (DOI:10.3897/rio.3.e12095). The former dedicated “NeuroGentoo” repository has been discontinued, later in 2017, and packages are distributed directly via Gentoo Science.
Such packages include (but far exceed):
- Some of the foremost neuroimaging tools:
- Small animal brain imaging:
- A wide array of data packages for reproducible articles:
- DARGCC (for DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2021.118386)
- IRSABI (also for DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2021.118386)
- OPFVTA (for DOI:10.1038/s41398-022-01812-5)
- General-purpose data sharing packages with primary use in neuroscience: